This week we have lesson about online culture and communication, nowadays, communications has changed a lot. In my generation, we don't even have telephones in every house, when we need to communicate, we need to write letters or face-to-face; now, we have all kinds of tools to communicate, such as: e-mails, SMS, IM, Facebook etc., sometimes when we are afraid or embrassed to face a problem, we use these digital tools to avoid from face-to-face, or may be we want to reach the result faster, we use them instead of letters, people even send CV through e-mails.
As for me, besides upload photo on Facebook, usually I use e-mail mostly, because my friends at my age use Facebook seldomly and we can also answer immediately through e-mails, but, after the course, I can send SMS more because I learnt many useful symbols and short forms, so that I can send SMS faster, so, the stamps I bought before is useless but I still buy them for collection. :))
How you like this one?
in fact i think every way of communications has its constraints. SMS has words limit and seldomly can be a multi-modal ways of communication. Anyway I still go for SMS most of the time becoz SMS can be received and seen by the recipients way faster than emails or fb whatsoever. As far as i'm concerned, speed is the most important criterion of communications!^^
ReplyDeleteActually, I agree with what LOCKE said. It is my opinion that SMS is not convenient to express my opinion effectively. Anyway, I prefer talking to my friends through face-to-face because I can know his/her feeling immediately. This is so-called communication.
ReplyDeleteit is very nice to start using sms. i also use sms most of the time, and i think most of teenagers love to communicate in this way. you can now chat with your daughter/son through sms. this may make the communication between you and son more funny!!
ReplyDelete